Thanks to the generosity of so many parishioners to our parish’s Forward In Hope Capital Campaign, last week we were able to begin our multi-year plan to upgrade all of the facilities on the Saint Anne campus.
The first phase involves the complete restoration of the interior of Saint Anne church, including the cleaning, refinishing and repainting of all artwork (i.e. statues, Stations of the Cross, ceiling paintings, etc.); the construction of a new tabernacle for the center of the sanctuary; upgraded sound and lighting; and, finally, the completion of the organ renovation.
The church restoration work is being designed and completed by Rohn and Associates Design, Inc., a liturgical design company founded in Pittsburgh, but well known both nationally and internationally. You can check out their website for more information on Rohn and to see some of the work they have done (www.rohndesign.com).
As to be expected, the Saint Anne church work is going to create some necessary inconveniences and changes in our schedule. I simply ask that everyone please be patient and pray that the work progresses smoothly and quickly. As the saying goes: “Temporary Inconvenience. Permanent Improvement!”
Please take note of the following points:
- Beginning this Tuesday, January 17th, all-day Eucharistic Adoration is being suspended in Saint Anne church until further notice. PARISHIONERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO ATTEND THE ALL DAY ADORATION OFFERED EVERY THURSDAY IN SAINT WINIFRED CHURCH FROM 9:00AM – 6:00PM.
- Beginning this Tuesday, January 17th, the Confessions offered in Saint Anne church from 5:15-6:15PM are being suspended until further notice. HOWEVER, CONFESSIONS WILL NOW BE OFFERED EVERY THURSDAY IN SAINT WINIFRED CHURCH FROM 5:00-5:45 PM.
- Beginning this Tuesday, January 17th, the 6:30pm Novena Mass is being suspended until further notice. If you have a Mass intention scheduled for any of the suspended Masses, someone from the parish office will be in touch shortly to re-schedule the intention or provide other options.
- There will be no change to our Sunday Mass schedule. Sunday Masses will continue to be offered at the regular times in Saint Anne church.
Regarding Funerals, the ability to schedule a Funeral in Saint Anne church will need to be considered on a case-by-case basis, depending on contractors’ schedules, etc. If we are unable to accommodate a Funeral Mass in Saint Anne church, then we will provide the Funeral Mass in Saint Winifred church.
- God willing, we are anticipating that the bulk of the church restoration work will be completed by May, with some smaller pieces dragging on until the end of June. The final phase of the Organ renovation work will take place in the second half of the year but should not affect our liturgical schedule.
Once again, I am grateful for the wonderful support so many have given to our plans and for the many, many people on our councils and parish staff who have been so involved in the process leading up to this point. It’s always nice to see a good plan come to fruition – it’s a sign of God’s blessing and encouragement. May God be glorified!
THERE IS STILL TIME TO DONATE TO THIS EFFORT. Click HERE to make a pledge or a one-time gift.